Salt Therapy Treatment for Cystic Fibrosis (CF)

cystic-fibrosis.jpg

Cystic Fibrosis (CF) is a genetic and life-threatening disease that affects the respiratory system and some organs including the pancreas, liver, and as well as sex organs. This deadly disease leads to infections, excessive secretion of mucus in the lungs. Continuous mucus is built-in lungs and airways. Excessive mucus production also leads to infertility by blocking the vas deferens, less absorption of nutrients, and blockage of the pancreas that causes digestive problems. Cystic Fibrosis can result in fatal complications like diabetes and liver diseases.  The symptoms of this fatal disease include incessant coughing, shortness of breath, wheezing, oily and bulky stools, nasal swellings, poor weight even after excessive appetite, salty-tasting skin, malnutrition, and poor growth.

Cystic fibrosis is an inherited ailment by parents. When a baby is born, the defective gene in his body transferred by both his parents is responsible for cystic fibrosis. Most patients with severe cystic fibrosis die because of respiratory failure. Individuals that have one copy of the defective genes are called carriers. They do not show any symptoms. A child can be a patient of cystic fibrosis if both parents are carriers. If two carriers give birth to a child there is a 25% chance that he will have CF, a 50% chance that he will be a carrier but will not have CF, and a 25% chance that he will be in natural health. Around 10 million Americans carry the cystic fibrosis gene and they are oblivious of it.

Salt therapy is also called halotherapy and it is a great treatment for the natural healing of patients with cystic fibrosis. The salt used helps greatly in reducing inflammation, which clears the excessive mucus and opens the airways. It also kills bacteria and reduces the chance of infection. Salt therapy works as a stress reliever for people who use a sleep aid, and it gives them more energy. They also sleep better. It is also a natural cure for allergies and other breathing conditions.

During halotherapy sessions, the patients sit in a room where dry salt aerosol is released. Then it is inhaled by the patient. The antibacterial properties of salt reduce the presence of bacteria in the lungs and the effects of the dry salts clear out the sticky mucus and make it is easy for a cystic fibrosis patient to breathe. Certainly, it is a natural cure for all these diseases especially cystic fibrosis. Salt therapy can bring stress relief and prevents the symptoms from recurring. Salt therapy is clinically proven as a safe and one of the best natural cures for holistic healing of patients of every age group.

Conclusion:

Saltscapes & Spa is one of the professional and experienced salt therapy providers in the area.  Life expectancy is highly affected by this disease. But with a healthy lifestyle and routine salt treatments, you can lead active lives. Just like other customers that take sessions of salt therapy for a breathing condition, noticed they could breathe better. The customers of Saltscapes & Spa take sessions of halotherapy for holistic health and to experience a full life.